Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A little more progress

It has been a little slower than I hoped the past week. The keel blank has been epoxied and the (very) rough shape has been cut. The long, slow process of getting the foil shape formed has started. I'm still not sure the best way to go about it. I have the templates printed and will transfer them to some particle board but the material has to come off the keel blank somehow.

Frame 216 has been fully reinforced and the holes for the tiller and rudders (I decided to go with two) have been over drilled and epoxied.

I managed to cut a bunch on 1 inch OD PVC to use as alignment spacers for the stitching and even ran a couple of tests with scrap pieces. I think I am going to round the edges of the hull panels where they meet, it seems like that will allow for more adjustment and hopefully let me align things with less kinetic persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment