Monday, November 23, 2009

Hull Panels (take 2)

Didn't get quite as far as I'd hoped yesterday but I did manage to get the three hull panels lofted and cut. Kind of tricky moving those floppy 5.5 meter sheets around by yourself.

I did have some company, the Admiral and Captain paid me a visit and did a little supervising!

A decision needs to be made about the rudder(s), I think I am going the dual rudder option and I figure if I can lay them out now I can over drill and fill the transom prior to stitching. As long as I get it right I think that will be easier than trying to fill the holes after assembly.

I sent C-Tech an email requesting more information about their carbon spars but no response yet. The bowsprit needs to be figured in and it would be nice to have the sleeve(s) on hand during the early assembly.

If time permits I'll finish the re-enforcing of F214 and cut F0 tonight, then post some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment